Sustainability demands are expanding with 91% of companies now looking beyond price when buying and negotiating (HEC Sustainable Procurement Benchmark 2013). Companies are under pressure from stakeholders to be transparent about their sustainability and CSR practices, including their supply chains. During 2017, Redox engaged in an evaluation of its CSR initiatives and policies with the French based EcoVadis, earning a Silver Medal.
Redox considers their involvement and impact on the global economy seriously, creating a culture encompassing CSR and assigning a dedicated team to quality assurance. Constant review and management of all changing processes ensures Redox maintains best business practices, while acting in accordance with the relevant industry standards.
EcoVadis is a platform for reliable CSR assessments, taking into account the sector, size and geographic location of each company. It offers business partners a transparent exchange in the field of CSR. Redox was positioned in the top 20% of suppliers assessed by EcoVadis in the category ‘Wholesale of waste. Chemicals, fertilisers and agrochemical products, and other products n.e.c.’ When compared to several thousand companies on the EcoVadis platform, Redox ranked alongside 27% which have confirmed engagement.
The Silver Medal for their approach to CSR has been achieved through a commitment to:
- The Responsible Care Program by Chemistry Australia, which sees us tackle a wide range of issues including: Environmental Protection, Employee Health & Safety, Storage and Transport Safety, Product Stewardship, Community Right to Know and Sustainability.
- Constant correspondence with suppliers on manufacturing and treatment processes required by the strict import regulations imposed by Biosecurity in both Australia and New Zealand. Continuing efforts with authorities and the Australian Crime Commission to the crackdown on the chemical manufacture of illegal drugs.
- Procuring the Codex HACCP and FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System Certifications to allow for the warehousing and supply of specialty ingredients for food and beverage related industries.
- Improving the internal control systems that monitor our complex range of permits, including Dangerous Goods & Poisons Licensing, HSNO (NZ), quarantine import permits and Chemical Weapon & Illicit Drug Precursors and Kosher and Halal Certifications.
- Monitoring and assessing our suppliers’ performance against selection criteria to build confidence in our supply base in order to reduce risk.
- Membership of the RSPO; demonstrating steps towards commitment to sustainable palm oil.
- Membership of SEDEX and EcoVadis platforms; monitoring and improving our Ethical Sourcing and Sustainability of supply chains.
Redox has established strong dynamic relationships with its clients and suppliers due to its commitment to quality assurance. With continued developments, Redox will continue to expand its CSR initiatives and grow these relationships.