Mint has been rumoured to have been in use across Japan for more than 2000 years, alleviating fever symptoms, headaches and re-energising both the body and the mind. In the west, we’ve come to appreciate these same effects.
Mentha Arvensis Botanica, typically known as Mint, Corn Mint, Wild Mint, and Japanese Mint, is used to produce Menthol Crystals. Menthol Crystals are a waxy substance and a solid component of Mint Oil. The Mint Essential Oil is derived from the Mint leaf through distillation.
This Mint Essential Oil is then frozen at -22 degrees Celsius. The freezing of the Essential Oil causes it to crystalise, forming Menthol Crystals.
They are similar to Mint Essential Oil because they offer the same wide range of benefits. On the other hand, they are highly concentrated, and only small amounts are required for effective relief.
Menthol may help alleviate symptoms of sickness –
- easier breathing,
- nasal congestion relief,
- soothing sore throats, coughs, and sinus discomforts,
- immunity support, and
- stabilisation of emotions
What Industries are using them?
The worldwide Menthol Crystal market is growing at a tremendous rate, with its highest growth rates in recent years, and it is anticipated to surge even more between 2020 and 2027.
Their uses and benefits:
In Personal Care and Cosmetics
- It is a critical ingredient in skin and beauty products and carrier oils.
- Its minty, fresh scent is frequently used in fragrances, lotions, and colognes.
- It helps relieve skin irritations, soothe itchy and dry skin, and revitalise and rejuvenate the skin.
- It helps to nourish and strengthen the hair and promote healthy hair development.
For the Pharmaceutical Industry
- commonly used to help with digestive and stomach disorders,
- may relieve nausea sensations, reduce discomfort, and
- can reduce fever and headaches, among other things.
- Menthol Crystals are frequently used in aromatherapy to induce a tranquil state of mind, lowering anxiety and stress.
- It contributes a cooling sensation to the skin and calms irritation, itching, and burning.
Menthol Crystals from Redox
Our Menthol Crystals meet rigorous standards while retaining nature’s genuine essence and taste.
They are available in various packing sizes, including 25kgs fibre drums and come in multiple qualities we routinely supply to our customers around the globe.
Redox is in a great position to meet and exceed your expectations. Contact one of our specialists or fill in the below form to learn how Redox can become an integral part of your sourcing strategy.