Redox are proud distributors of a range of products from United Initiators including CAROAT®.
CAROAT® is the preferred option to solve problems which are caused by super chlorination when using common pool & spa sanitizers, such as chlorine, bromine and other non-halogenated alternatives.
CAROAT® is characterized by the following:
- fast dissolving
- a powerful oxidizer (high oxidation potential)
- oxygen-based, doesn’t contain chlorine
- unaffected by UV degradation
- compatible with sanitizers based on chlorine, bromine and other non-halogen based alternatives
CAROAT® is a non-chlorine oxidizer used for shock treatment applications. It has all the positive functionality of a chlorine oxidizer while avoiding the negative side effects.
Download the United Initiators Pool & Spa technical bulletin here and if you have any questions you may refer them to our dedicated Watercare Technical Manager.
This versatile material can also be used in a range of other applications such as –
Denture cleaners: Effective main ingredient in cleaning tablets for dentures.
- Bleaching agent: CAROAT® has a bleaching effect comparable to that of organic peracids; in the TAED/perborate system it is particularly effective at low temperatures.
- Biocidal effect: Suitable as an additive to acidic cleaning agents with bleaching and disinfectant effect.
- Effluent treatment: Oxidative treatment of problematic effluents; sulfide oxidation, nitrite oxidation and cyanide detoxification.
- Plaster additive: Addition of CAROAT® leads to generation of oxygen and improved product characteristics (e.g. thermal insulation, water absorbency, mechanical properties).
- Metal treatment: Microetchant: Use for etching printed circuit boards.
- Textile finishing (shrink proofing of wool)
- Chemical synthesis (production of dioxirane)
- Paper manufacture (repulping, particularly of wet-strength paper).
About United Initiators
United Initiators is a global and leading producer of peroxide-based initiators, Hydrogen Peroxide and specialty chemicals. The company offers a broad range of organic peroxides, persulfates, Hydrogen Peroxide and selected specialty chemicals. Organic peroxides are used in a large variety of polymerization processes and polymer processing applications.
The use of persulfates ranges from aqueous polymerization processes, over electronics, disinfection, cosmetics, metal etching, paper treatment, Oil & Gas exploration to a broad field of bleaching processes. Hydrogen Peroxide is used in consumer goods, disinfection applications and is an enable for the world’s digital economy.
United initiators has several production facilities in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, Turkey and India. UI’s mission is to be the best serving peroxide producer for a growing world.
How Can Redox Help?
With Redox, rest assured that our unwavering commitment to excellence will empower your business.